Acquired over many years with care and delight, Vintage by Advice from a Caterpillar is an ode to times past. Each piece reflects the enduring whimsy and beauty that embrace us in our homes and families, and remind us that quality heirloom objects are treasures to keep for a lifetime.
- Printed reproduction sign on metal backing of a classic piece by Bessie Pease Gutmann
- Pease Gutmann was an illustrator in the early C19th, notably illustrating Robert Louis Stevenson's poem anthology 'A Children's Garden of Verses' and a 1907 edition of Lewis Carroll's 'Alice in Wonderland'
- Produced in California by The Flavia Company in the 1990's
- The scene features a young girl doing the laundry for her dolls
- Four holes in the corners for hanging
- Pristine condition
Dimensions: 21 cm x 15 cm
Each piece in the Vintage by Advice from a Caterpillar collection is sold in its current condition. There may be signs of prior use or wear that is natural with any antique; this is part of its beauty and soul. We therefore do not accept price negotiations as we have priced each item as fairly as we can, taking into account its condition and legacy.