PART TIME SALES STYLIST
Advice from a Caterpillar was founded on the principles of creativity, quality, and passionate customer service. A family company established in 2010, Advice from a Caterpillar caters to children and their families with a selection of clothing, toys and accessories for baby, child, woman and home. The concept store includes internationally curated collections of both emerging designers and luxury brands.
The store is located in Yorkville at 41 Hazelton Avenue.
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver exceptional client service to new and returning customers in our flagship store in Yorkville. To complement this core purpose, we are also seeking someone who is flexible, can sometimes work from the East End of Toronto, and has the necessary transferable skills to support our back end operations.
The Sales Stylist will be expected to:
- Locally develop the presence of Advice from a Caterpillar by providing a wonderful, attentive sales experience in-store.
- Demonstrate a holistic and kind approach to sales; Advice from a Caterpillar defines success in sales by selling not only the product but the customer experience as well.
- Confidently and responsively support clients to style outfits and gifts, demonstrating and sharing relevant product and brand knowledge.
- Actively contribute to executing all daily operations in store at the highest level of efficiency, consistency and precision.
- Collaborate daily with the online and order fulfilment team to pull, pack and fulfill orders as quickly as possible.
- Take initiative to improve product sales and the running of daily operations.
- Seasonally support our back end team with product receiving and inventory at our East End warehouse.
The role will include the following:
- Developing and nurturing the store’s client base by maintaining close, ongoing relations with customers, thereby building customer loyalty;
- Ensuring the presentation and appearance of the store is in line with brand standards;
- Setting standards for excellence in service delivery and driving exceptional sales results, further strengthening Advice from a Caterpillar’s brand recognition in the marketplace;
- Taking responsibility to understand and meet sales objectives;
- Regular inventory replenishment on the sales floor;
- Performing store opening and closing procedures;
- Periodically travelling to our warehouse to process incoming deliveries.
You are passionate about service excellence. A hands-on team player with clear and confident communication skills, you can both anticipate and meet client needs, and take great pleasure in prioritizing the overall client experience. You have a keen eye for detail, and work with precision and care in everything you do.
Growth and change is invigorating for you, and you are constantly working to meet and exceed expectations. You are at ease working efficiently in a variety of situations, and can comfortably pivot quickly in response to new variables and priorities.
You love design, beauty, art, style and truth. You embody kindness and enthusiasm, and desire to be an integral part of a dynamic, female-founded, independent business eager to expand and diversify.
- Minimum of 1 year of sales experience in the luxury/boutique marketplace
- Working knowledge of standard retail business processes
- Proven commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Knowledge of Mac systems and Shopify a significant asset
The candidate must have:
- Availability to work 8-hour shifts on a combination of the following days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
- Ability to climb up and down stairs multiple times a day
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25lb
A driver's license with access to a vehicle would be a significant asset
Please do not apply via email or by submitting a resume in person at the store. We are accepting applications through an online form only, which is linked below. In the form there is space to submit your resume.
Follow this link to fill in the application form and submit your resume
We thank all for their interest. We will contact only those whose backgrounds closely align with the criteria.